- Habitat for Humanity of McHenry County home construction projects run every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Volunteers are always welcome and NO EXPERIENCE is required! Register to join us online at: https://habitatmchenry.galaxydigital.com
- No construction experience is necessary. In fact, many of our volunteers are brand-new to the world of home construction! Simply come ready to learn and Habitat construction staff will guide you from there.
- Volunteer day activities can include anything it takes to build a home from start to finish. Typical volunteer activities include: framing, siding, painting, roofing, laying flooring, hanging doors or windows, trim work, finishing, landscaping, and cleaning. We mean it when we say ? every single task is critical for the success of our mission.
Volunteer arrival time is between 7:45a.m. and 8:00a.m. The workday is from 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Please be punctual so you don?t miss the work-day goals and instructions necessary to accomplish the day?s tasks. Please be sure to arrive with your completed waiver. Minors must have a parent/guardian signature.
- The minimum age to volunteer is 16 years old with parent/guardian signature approval required for anyone under 18.
- Please wear clothing that you do not mind getting dirty or possibly damaged. Sturdy, hard-soled, closed-toed, closed-heeled shoes are required.