Those with aveage risk for colon cancer eligible for Centegra kits
Fecal occult blood tests are appropriate for:
• Average-risk adults over the age of 50
• Someone who has not had a colonoscopy within the last 10 years
• Someone who has not used an FOBT or FIT (Fecal Immunochemical Test) within the last 12 months
• Someone who does not have a family history of colon cancer
• Someone who does not have a history of polyps, Crohn’s disease or colitis
All people who come to pick up an FOBT kit will be asked to fill out a card. A yes to any of the card’s questions means a person is considered moderate to high risk, not average risk, and therefore is not eligible for the kit and may need alternate testing after talking to his physician.
The free test kits will be available from March 13 through March 26 at the following locations:
• 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday at Centegra Hospital-Huntley guest services desk, 10400 Haligus Road
• 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday at Centegra Hospital-McHenry guest servies desk, 4201 Medical Center Drive
• 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday at Centegra Hospital-Woodstock guest services desk, 3701 Doty Road
• 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at Crystal Lake Medical Arts imaging desk and immediate care desk, 360 Station Drive.
• 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to noon Saturday at Huntley Medical Office Building 1 imaging desk, 10350 Haligus Road.
• 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday Centegra Sage Cancer Center front desk at 4305 Medical Center Drive, McHenry
For more information about colon cancer, visit centegra.org/service/oncology. For more information about the screening kits, call 815-759-4454.
Centegra Health System is committed to meeting the health care needs of the residents of greater McHenry County and to making services available in multiple and convenient locations, including hospitals in Huntley, McHenry and Woodstock, immediate and physician care centers, Centegra Sage Cancer Center, and Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Centers.
As the region’s leading health care provider, Centegra Health System continues to bring the latest treatments and technology, along with the skills of more than 4,300 associates, to meet the needs of the growing McHenry County community. For more information about Centegra Health System visit centegra.org, search Centegra Health System on Facebook and Twitter or call 877-CENTEGRA (877-236-8347).