Stay ahead of life-threatening diseases with Centegra Wellness on the Move in April, May
From identifying high cholesterol and diabetes to detecting risk for stroke, heart disease and other health conditions, community members can learn whether or not they are at risk by choosing a screening package through Centegra Wellness on the Move, the Centegra mobile health unit. Wellness on the Move travels to convenient locations throughout the region, accommodating a person’s screening needs and price range, with packages from $129 to $299.
A physician order is not required. All tests are cash pay and insurance will not be billed. Appointments are required at least two days in advance of a screening date. Call 877-CENTEGRA (236-8347) to schedule your screening. For a complete description of the screenings, visit centegra.org/screenings.
After the screening, participants will receive a report and a follow-up letter mailed to their homes explaining how to confirm results with their personal physician. The screenings take place the following dates and locations:
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Thursday, April 13 at Centegra Hospital-Woodstock, 3701 Doty Road, Woodstock, Ill.
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Tuesday, April 25 at Centegra Hospital-Huntley, 10400 Haligus Road, Huntley, Ill.
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Thursday, May 4 at Centegra Physician Care-Crystal Lake, 360 Station Drive, Crystal Lake, Ill.
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Tuesday, May 16 at Centegra Hospital-McHenry, 4201 Medical Center Drive, McHenry, Ill.
Screenings offered in the packages include:
• Prostate Specific Antigen test (PSA)–men only
• Thyroid Stimulating Hormone test (TSH)–women only
• Echocardiogram (ECHO) and Electrocardiogram (EKG)
• Full lipid panel that measures cholesterol levels and triglycerides
• Diabetes test (glucose) plus BMI, weight and blood pressure
• Vascular screening includes:
o Ultrasound images of carotid arteries, Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) to detect blockage risk and risk level for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
Centegra Health System is committed to meeting the health care needs of the residents of greater McHenry and northern Kane counties and to making services available in multiple and convenient locations, including hospitals in Huntley, McHenry and Woodstock, Immediate and Physician Care Centers, Centegra Sage Cancer Center, and Health Bridge Fitness Centers.
As the region’s leading health care provider, Centegra Health System continues to bring the latest treatments and technology, along with the skills of more than 4,300 associates, to meet the needs of McHenry, Lake and Kane counties. For more information about Centegra Health System visit centegra.org, search Centegra Health System on Facebook and Twitter or call 877-CENTEGRA (877-236-8347).