Event Description - Managing conflict: Turn your typhoon into a tailwind
Presented by Steve Brainerd of Durham Group, Inc.
There is an old saying, “If two partners always agree, one of them isn’t necessary.” Top-performing teams know how to put their heads together and collectively solve problems. Often this means we need to manage conflict. Participants will be better equipped to inspire a more collaborative and stronger team. In this workshop we will:
- Use the four PCSI quadrants to better understand the other person and how we can better relate to them
- Learn effective “cushioning” so that we can create a “safe” dialogue
- Practice framing our discussion to ensure each partner is committed to listening well
- Practice stating the mutual objective
- Participate in exercises that promote reflective listening
Steve Brainerd is founder and owner of the Durham Group, a company providing coaching, team-building, and leadership training for companies and individuals wanting to accelerate their progress towards greater profit and efficiency. Steve provides coaching and consulting in membership development, sales and leadership training, facilitating networking events, and helping form referrals groups.